Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Observe+Infer=Interpretation

Here are the pictures that accompanied our first poetry lesson, in which we decided that poetry is an art form and used the metaphor of painting to hone our skills.  Feel free to continue to observe/infer/interpret and even turn your response into a blog post (isn't writing FUN when you have something interesting to say!! share your thoughts! I promise it will make you feel really smart!).

Remember that this "equation" can be used in all kinds of genres and in all kinds of art.  You can, of course, still consider what the author/painter, etc. wants you to know, feel and think!

Self Portrait 1932, Frida Kahlo













The Persistence of Memory, Salvador Dali

2 comments:

  1. OMG OMGG ms.robbins by accident i gave you my email my blog is paulina62.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now.translation services in Houston

    ReplyDelete